Tips to getting good sleep
- Go to bed the same time each night and get up the same time each morning.
- Sleep in a dark, quiet, comfortable environment.
- Exercise daily (but not right before bedtime).
- Limit the use of electronics before bed.
- Relax before bedtime. A warm bath or reading might help.
- Avoid alcohol and stimulants such as caffeine late in the day.
- Avoid nicotine.
- Consult a health care professional if you have ongoing sleep problems
from article: The Benefits of Slumber
Benefits of getting good sleep
- Sleep Keeps Your Heart Healthy. ..
- Sleep May Help Prevent Cancer. …
- Sleep Reduces Stress. …
- Sleep Reduces Inflammation. …
- Sleep Makes You More Alert. …
- Sleep Improves Your Memory. …
- Sleep May Help You Lose Weight. …
- Napping Makes You Smarter.
from article: 10 Top Health Benefits of Sleep – Verywell Health